Sunday 4 December 2011

Mark Ryden's Magic Circus

The Magic Circus, Oil on Canvas, 2001. Painting Size: 40" x 60" Framed Size: 57" x 74"
A preparatory sketch.
A little detail expanded.
Inspiration. Joan Miro's Harlequin's Carnival. 1924-25.
Naive, but somehow reminds me of the same theme.
More Ryden Circus.
The Ringmaster. Oil on Canvas, 2001. Painting Size: 20" x 28" Framed Size: 32" x 31"
An enlarged detail.
the master himself
Mark Ryden in his studio.
More on Mark Ryden's possible inspirations for his Patron Saint of Clowns.

1 comment:

  1. NO COMMENTS !!
    How can there be no comments?
    My dear Capt. Frodo, your soul is a spark of genius. Your mastery of all things delightful and natural have taken me to another world. Thank you for your playful and precise interpretation of history, science, the colour pink, ballet and iconography. I think I get it. BEST REGARDS from the Treasure Coast (do you do pirates?).

    ReplyDelete