Thursday 3 November 2011

Carnival Lullaby



All the world has gone to bed
and the fairground lights gone dead.
Little child its time to sleep,
the night is no reason to weep.

The strongman is drunk and passed out,
nuzzling the sea lions snout.
The Siamese twins called Ying and Yang
slept before the church bells clang.

Sleep my child don’t be afraid.
Rest your head on the pillows brocade.
If you sleep to night I promise true
the world will still be there for you

Don’t believe what the mad jester said,
dear child you’ve been mislead.
The world will go on without end
even if you sleep my friend

For the night is a time for dreams
when nothing is what it seems,
carousel horses flies through fairy floss clouds
high above the crowds

Sleep my child don’t be afraid.
rest your head on the pillows brocade.
If you sleep to night I promise true
the world will still be there for you.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment